Friday, February 8, 2013

Safely in Finland at Last!

Elder Golling has made it safely to Finland.  He left Monday morning with a stop in Chicago and London before landing safely in Helsinki.  We didn't hear anything until yesterday morning from his Mission President but early, early this morning he emailed us and told us quickly that he made it safely.

The area he is in is Jyväskylä, Finland.  Try saying that!  I looked it up on Google Maps and it is very nice there.  There are many water ways and this area is smack dab in the middle of them all.  It is more central to southern Finland.  The name of the area means "Grain Village" but when I looked it up at street level on Google it didn't look like a village to me.  It is very much a city with clean and beautiful street.  At least the area that I Googled looked like that.

Well, his email was short, just "Hi, made it safe, I am in Jyväskylä, I need to buy a bike, I am on a biking mission".  I am sure he is absolutely thrilled to be on a bike.  Michael is all about a good workout.  He actually got super fit (as if he wasn't already) while he was in the MTC.  

He sounds wonderful.  I am supposed to be getting his camera card from when he was in the MTC so I will post pics as soon as I can.  I just wanted to give everyone an update.  

Thanks for all your love and support, Michael has really felt it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment